Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Giving Thanks Day 8: Tears



I hate to cry! I hate the stuffy head and puffy eyes that linger long after the tears have subsided. But tears can also be quite therapeutic.

Today was one of "those" days. Women will know what I mean...one of those days where the tears just  keep flowing for no apparent reason. Maybe it's stress, perhaps it's culture shock, or it might simply be the changing seasons. Probably a little bit of each. In any case, thanks to a good cry on my dear husband's shoulders, I feel much better. The tears cleansed my soul, and renewed my inner strength. Now I'm ready to face whatever tomorrow brings!

Yes, I'm even thankful for tears....despite the mascara stains.


1 comment:

  1. A theory of mine: The emotional response when crying changes the biochemical content of tears. Happy or in pain = more endorphins in tears. Sad = more serotonin in tears. Stress or fear = more cortisone. Anger = more dopamine. Requires additional research to confirm.

    ReplyDelete